Skip Navigation

Office of Institutional Equity

Request Accommodations

Johns Hopkins University is committed to providing access to its educational programs for all qualified students, including those with disabilities. For more information, you are encouraged to review the guidelines here and to contact the office or individual who coordinates disability accommodations for your school or program.

Accommodations for Undergraduate Students

All admitted students with disabilities who wish to receive accommodations on JHU’s Homewood Campus must register with JHU’s Office for Student Disability Services (SDS). Prospective students with a disability who may apply to Johns Hopkins University are urged to contact Student Disability Services to discuss reasonable and necessary accommodation.

Accommodations for Graduate Students and Other Students

In order to best serve the needs of students with disabilities in the various schools and programs of Johns Hopkins University, we have designated one or more staff members to work closely with students who require accommodations. Students should initiate requests for accommodation with the disability coordinator in their respective schools. Requests are reviewed by the Office of Institutional Equity and recommendations are forwarded to the appropriate disability coordinator for implementation. Information provided by the student to the disability coordinator during the intake process is considered by the Office of Institutional Equity along with the student's documentation.