Skip Navigation

Office of Institutional Equity

Sexual Misconduct

What is sexual misconduct?

The term sexual misconduct includes sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.


JHU Sexual Assault Response and Prevention

If you have been sexually assaulted or are a victim of other sexual misconduct, we urge you to get medical care and reach out to a counselor for emotional support. We also stand ready to assist you with a complaint through JHU and/or local law enforcement and encourage you to submit one. In addition, the university has a range of resources to raise awareness on these issues.

Filing a Sexual Misconduct Complaint

Community members are encouraged to report sexual misconduct to the JHU Office of Institutional Equity (OIE). OIE assesses sexual misconduct complaints filed by students, staff and faculty, and is committed to handling reports of sexual misconduct with discretion and sensitivity.

Assistant Vice Provost and Title IX Coordinator

Linda Boyd, JHU’s Assistant Vice Provost and Title IX Coordinator, oversees and provides leadership for the University’s Title IX activities. Ms. Boyd oversees investigations of Title IX complaints filed by faculty, staff and graduate students. She also oversees the University’s education and training activities related to sex discrimination (including sexual misconduct). Individuals with questions, concerns or a complaint related to Title IX are encouraged to contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator:

Linda Boyd, JD
Johns Hopkins University
Wyman Park Building, Suite 515
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21218

Phone: 410.516.8075
TTY: 711, MD Relay
Fax: 410.516.5300

The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is the division of the federal government charged with enforcing compliance with Title IX. Information regarding OCR can be found at:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to common questions about sexual misconduct and review official JHU policies by reviewing FAQs about sexual misconduct.